Arka Labio® -
An Analytical Instrument for conducting various Anaerobic Digestion Tests
Arka Labio® installed in NIE, Mysuru
Do you really know the biogas potential of your substrate? Do you really wonder how to do it? We at BRENStech can answer your full range of queries with the help of Biogas lab offerings.The Laboratory Scale Fermenter is designed to simulate the anaerobic digestion process with real life parameters. The 25 and 50 Litres anaerobic digester can perform continuous testing e.g., by controlling the mixing and the temperature.The Laboratory Scale Fermenter is designed as a testing unit to determine the potential biogas output of any biodegradable substrate in various operational modes. Laboratory Scale Fermenter study is a must for various reasons for both solid as well as liquid substrates, few examples which can be studied from the lab scale digester units are:
• Effect of the pre treatment on Anaerobic Digestion
• Digester stability – actual field scale
• Dewater ability and outlet slurry characteristics
• Methane yield obtainable from a particular substrate
• Seeding and/or feeding strategies
• Gas composition/trace contaminants
• Nutrient/additive requirements
• Microbiological behavior
• Microbiological growth rate
• Process optimization
• Volatile Solids
• Effect of inhibitory substances – Actual field scale
- Schools/Colleges/Training – A real time working model which can be the best training equipment for any student. This unit can produce biogas continuously for various studies. This can be a perfect academic tool to help captivate as well as educate students about the waste management and biogas generation.
- Laboratories – Perfect testing unit for any laboratory working on Anaerobic Digestion of solid or liquid substrates.
- Optimization of gas production or substrate degradation
- Pilot Plant – Based on the sizing it can be a perfect simulation tool for with real life parameters. This unit can easily help to understand the day to day biogas production from various substrates as well as it can help in understanding the external effects of other parameters on the field scale digester against which one can beforehand be prepared. Lab scale digester not only helps to study the new substrates but it is a perfect tool to simulate the co-digestion of the various substrates together.
Arka Labio has several advantages to other similar reactors on the market:
- Arka Labio bioreactors are extremely user friendly and specifically designed with ease of use and maintenance in mind.
- Labio bioreactors can be remotely operated on simplified HMI in your mobile or Laptop.
- Continuous acquisition of data allows for technical analysis of the process
- Automated Heating system allows for independent heating and cooling.
- Labio bioreactors are suitable for both low and high solid content feedstock.
- Labio bioreactors have been designed to be highly flexible for both feeding and process monitoring & control
- The viewing ports allow for visual inspection of foam formation during the fermentation.
- The first lab was supplied and installed at Chemical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology-BHU and few of our installations are at National Institute of Engineering, Mysuru, Meera Cleanfuel Ltd., Mumbai & many more.